As a member of Regina Cat Rescue (RCR) Pet Rescue team, you will help place cats in permanent adoptive homes through advertising, screening prospective adopters, referring them to foster homes and assisting with the follow up process.
Benefits to Volunteering
- Make a significant difference in the lives in the animals under RCR care
- Play a key role in obtaining good outcomes – i.e. loving homes, for rescued cats
- Duties are adaptable to individual schedules (can be done when convenient)
- Create and post online adoption ads for rescued cats in the care of RCR
- Respond to adoption inquiries using the approved RCR adoption questionnaire and assess applications to ensure adoption criteria is met prior to making a referral
- Liaise with foster homes regarding referrals to meet foster cats
- Liaise with Foster Home Coordinator to notify of adoptions or other adoption issues
- Answer general inquiries about RCR
- Variable. Approximately 2 hours per week at peak times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to RCR's mission
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills to create effective ads, interview potential adopters and communicate with foster homes regarding referrals.
- Effective at interpreting and applying RCR adoption criteria and related policies