As the Bingo Coordinator for Regina Cat Rescue (RCR), you will facilitate organizational fundraising goals as well as represent RCR to the bingo volunteers and players.
Benefits to Volunteering
- Make a significant difference in the lives in the animals under RCR care
- Play a key role in ensuring that RCR bingo fundraising is successful and sustainable
- Gain experience managing a staff of volunteers
- Opportunity to learn the rules and regulations set out by the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Association (SLGA), which govern charity fundraising
- Have a lot of fun with some great people while promoting the work done by RCR in the community!
- Ensure RCR is in compliance with SLGA regulations
- Liaise with the bingo hall manager regarding scheduling and operations
- Schedule volunteers for RCR’s bingo sessions
- Administer the operations at a given bingo session, or appoint an alternate coordinator to do the same
- Report to the RCR board the incoming monies raised
- Attendance at Amalgamated Charities Incorporated’s (ACI) annual general meeting, as well as any other meetings called throughout the year
- Participation in the majority of scheduled bingos, except those where an alternate coordinator has been appointed
- Dependent upon the availability of volunteers, this time commitment could be as much as 364 hours per year (52 bingos X 7 hours) or as little as 108 (36 bingos X 3 hours).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to RCR’s mission
- Strong leadership, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to act with diplomacy in a multitude of situations
- Ability to motivate volunteers and ensure they feel extremely valued