As a member of the Regina Cat Rescue (RCR) Foster Home team, you will play an instrumental role in our rescue operations by helping to care for RCR's rescued cats and kittens by providing vaccinations, basic first aid and vet care (ear-mite treatment and de-worming) and adoption support.
Benefits to Volunteering
- Make a significant difference in the lives in the animals under RCR care
- Increase your knowledge and experience in animal care
- Assist in the process of finding rescued cats permanent homes
- Hands-on cat care – enjoy companion animals without the commitment of pet ownership
- Visit foster homes in assigned area to vaccinate, treat for ear mites and de-worm, support foster homes and answer general questions, and take photos of cats for adoption ads
- Ensure proper handling and care of supplies, such as vaccine and anti-parasitic medications
- Ensure adoption packages and paperwork are provided to foster homes
- Report vaccinations completed to foster home coordinator
- Assist with adoption promotions/events as requested and appropriate
- Variable, depending on the number of cats and active foster homes in assigned portfolio.
- Typically 1-3 hours per week.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to RCR's mission
- Love of animals
- Vehicle/transportation required
- Email/computer accessibility required - information is provided in Excel spreadsheets
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with foster home and adoption volunteers
- Knowledge of common cat illnesses and signs of illness in cats (information provided)