As a Rider Kiosk Coordinator for Regina Cat Rescue (RCR), you will ensure there are 20 volunteers scheduled for each game between two Western Pizza booths.
Benefits to Volunteering
- Make a significant difference in the lives in the animals under RCR care
- Play a pivotal role in ensuring that RCR fundraising is successful and sustainable
- Have a lot of fun with some great people while promoting the work done by RCR in the community!
- Send emails asking for volunteers and make schedule for east and west Western Pizza concession kiosks for each Riders game
- Ensure all stations have volunteers working at them, including the back stations where food is prepared
- Arrive early to meet volunteers and hand out volunteer passes and T-shirts
- Respond to management requests appropriately, politely, and timely
- Collect T-shirts from volunteers after game and ensure they are laundered for the next game
- Pick up volunteer passes and cheque from Western Pizza head office when ready, and deliver cheque to RCR Treasurer for deposit
- Approximately 3 hours per game (10 games including pre-season and any play-off games as required) to recruit volunteers, prepare schedule, pick-up passes, T-shirts and cheques
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to RCR's mission
- Mathematical and organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to act with a high degree of manners and cordiality
- Ability and desire to connect with a wide-ranging public to create a collegial atmosphere
To work at the booth during games, see the job description for Riders Game Kiosk Volunteers.