As Food and Supplies Coordinator for Regina Cat Rescue (RCR), you will collect, sort, organize, and distribute food donations and other supplies to RCR feral team volunteers and foster homes, as required.
Benefits to Volunteering
- Make a significant difference in the lives in the animals under RCR care
- Play a key role in making sure RCR's fundraising is successful and sustainable
- Have a lot of fun with some great people while promoting the work done by RCR in the community!
- Respond promptly to requests for pick up of food, litter and other donations from the Regina Food Bank, PetValu, other partners, and members of the public.
- Contact Feral Team and Pet Rescue Coordinators when donations are received to arrange for pick up for feral feeders and foster homes, if required.
- Organize and store food and litter for efficient distribution and keep updated logs of quantity and usage
- Serve as location for drop-off of cans/bottles and return these to SARCAN for deposit. Collect full tins of donations from local business partners.
- Provide any monetary donations to RCR Treasurer, who will process the funds and provide Food and Supplies Coordinator with cheques for purchase of needed supplies.
- Present a proposed annual budget to the board of directors.
- 3-4 hours per week
- One-year commitment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to RCR's mission
- Strong leadership, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Some computer skills, ability to create a budget
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Must have a vehicle
- Must be easy to contact (phone, email, cell, etc.)
- Must have adequate storage for supplies